Saunders Quantity Surveyors provide a comprehensive project management service (PM) to meet the specific needs of clients, across a wide range of sectors. The role may be undertaken either as a standalone service, or in addition to our contract administration or quantity surveying services.
As project managers we were involved from inception through to completion of a project and have a track record for successfully delivering projects safely, on time and within budget without sacrificing quality. This is achieved by combining our practical knowledge, project management systems and experience with strong leadership skills.
The key to success is to understand the workings of the team and to coordinate the activities and motivate the team to deliver the project.
Tasks may include:
- Pre-design and planning: The PM is responsible for producing a critical path framework and creating the schedule and timeline for the project.
- Resource allocation: The PM plans and budgets for all resources, from basic building blocks and tools to manpower.
- Team leadership: The PM oversees recruiting the building and management teams and allocates tasks. As the leader, they set the tone for the project and therefore have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Monitoring progress: The PM is responsible for ensuring the project progresses through each phase successfully, on time and on budget. They will document each step and communicate effectively with stakeholders. They need to troubleshoot when issues arise and anticipate problems.
- Budget management: The PM is ultimately responsible for the budget and for its management and delivery.