Financial Viability Assessments
We understand that every development site is different and the Developer can be faced with a number of challenges or unforeseen risks, which need to be accounted for at the planning stage. It is essential to ensure that the development is viable and deliverable and whether contributes to affordable housing, Section 106 and CIL requests, are affordable or negotiable.
Our viability appraisals take into consideration the specifics of each site, our client’s objectives, and planning policy requirements to determine whether a scheme is viable.
Typically, we would:
- Produce an appraisal of the scheme based on current construction cost data and third party information on indicative sales values, from local agents.
- Undertake extensive comparable research to ensure that our client’s submissions are robust.
- Carry out market research and reporting.
- Sensitivity testing and analysis.
- Review of any Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charges and indexation.