As the use of design and build procurement has increased within the construction industry, so has the importance of the role of Employer’s Agent (EA). Saunders have gained extensive experience of undertaking this service and of advising on the suitability of design and build and its strengths and weaknesses.
We amend the EA role to suit each client’s requirements and internal resource.
- Determine the clients brief in relation to design, budget, risk and time
- Co-ordinate the pre-contract design team, reports, surveys and consultants
- Prepare a cost plan and regular key stage cost reviews
- Manage the project timetable and risk register
- Agree project Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare the Employer’s Requirements including contract particulars
- Manage competitive / negotiated tendering process
- Evaluate Contractor’s Proposals and produce tender (value for money) report
- Appoint the contractor and prepare building contracts
- Chair and record regular progress meetings
- Issue financial reports
- Administer the building contract in relation to time, payments and notifications
- Manage project close out handover and defects